2022 Submission Process
Artists are invited to submit an application to have their work juried for exhibition in the Kanata Civic Art Gallery. The Gallery is located in the Mlacak Centre, in Ottawa’s west end. All applications for jurying must be received by 8:00pm, Sunday, November 21, 2021. Please note that sculpture, woodworking, ceramics & photography are welcome. The application procedure is as follows:
- Complete the online application form. The application and digital images must be received by the Gallery no later than 8:00 pm Sunday, November 21, 2021.
- Images must be labelled and numbered as follows: SmithJane.#1.Red Roses.24×22.acrylic.2020 and be accompanied by a corresponding image list. (Artist name, image number, title, size, medium and year of completion. NOTE: artwork must be completed within the last two years ).
- Include with your submission an artist statement and bio. Send the artist statement, bio and image list along with your 10 images either by email or WeTransfer (as per the online application link).
- Submit a $25.00 (non-refundable) jurying fee by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants will be notified of the jury results by email on or around December 6, 2021. Be sure to include your email address in your application form.
Our jurying will be virtual, therefore framing will not be viewed during the jurying process, however our detailed framing standards set out in our Member’s Handbook will be provided upon acceptance to the Gallery. It is the decision of the hanging committee whether each artwork is acceptable for hanging.
Gallery Membership Requirements
The Gallery operates as a co-operative and the hours of operation are staffed on a voluntary basis by its artist members. Members are responsible for staffing the Gallery a minimum of 10 shifts per year (approx. 3.5 hrs. per month) as well as actively participating in the day to day running of the Gallery.
Due to current City guidelines regarding Covid, gallery members and visiting public must provide certificate of vaccination.
Each Gallery member must maintain a regular production of original artwork for exhibition. Approximately 8 new exhibitions are presented each year. All work shown in the Gallery must be for sale. Artists will be paid within 30 days of a sale with a 15% commission retained by the Gallery. The success of the Gallery depends on the commitment of its members to present high quality and creative artworks for exhibition to the public.
The annual fee for membership is $100.00.
Please submit an online application form to be juried if you have a body of work and are willing and able to fulfill the volunteer Gallery requirements.