The Submission Process for 2024 is now CLOSED
Artists are invited to submit an application to have their work juried for exhibition in the Kanata Civic Art Gallery. The Gallery is located in the Mlacak Centre, in Ottawa’s west end. All applications for jurying are conducted annually, in the fall, with a specified deadline for submissions.
Please note that sculpture, woodworking, ceramics and photography are welcome. The application procedure is as follows:
- Complete the online application form; the link can be found at the bottom of the page. The application and digital images must be received by the Gallery by November 24 at 11pm, for membership beginning January 1, 2024.
2. You are required to submit 10 images of your art work, eight of the main art plus two showing the back wiring if the artwork hangs. Please ensure your photos are just of your art and do not include any extraneous distractrions, such as hands, people, animals or unrelated environment.
3. Images must be labelled and numbered as follows: SmithJane.#1.Red Roses.24×22.acrylic.2021 and be accompanied by a corresponding image list. (Artist name, image number, title, size, media and year of completion. NOTE: artwork must have been completed within the last two years).
4. Include with your submission an artist statement and bio.
5. Submit a $25.00 (non-refundable) jurying fee by e-transfer to email@example.com.
6. Applicants will be notified of the jury results by email. Be sure to include your email address in your application form.
7. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use KCAG Submission Questions in the subject line.
Gallery Membership Requirements
The Gallery operates as a co-operative and the hours of operation are staffed on a voluntary basis by its artist members. Members are responsible for staffing the Gallery a minimum of 10 shifts per year (approx. 3.5 hrs. per month) as well as actively participating in the day to day running of the Gallery.
Due to City guidelines regarding Covid-19 gallery members must be duly vaccinated.
Each Gallery member must maintain a regular production of original artwork for exhibition. Approximately 8 new exhibitions are presented each year. All work shown in the Gallery must be for sale. Artists will be paid within 30 days of a sale with a 15% commission retained by the Gallery. The success of the Gallery depends on the commitment of its members to present high quality and creative artworks for exhibition to the public.
The annual fee for membership is $100.00.