Artists are invited to submit an application to have their work juried for exhibition in the Kanata Civic Art Gallery. The Gallery is located in the Mlacak Centre, in Ottawa’s west end. All applications for jurying must be received by 8:00pm, Friday, December 2nd, 2016. Please note that sculpture, woodworking, ceramics & photography are welcome. The application procedure is as follows:
- Fill in the online application form and mail it ( or deliver by hand ) with a CD containing 10 digital images ( JPEG – with shortest dimension no less than 1200 pixels ) of your recent work to the Gallery. The application and CD must be received by the Gallery no later than 8:00 pm Friday, December 2nd, 2016.
- Images must be numbered & correspond to an accompanying image list (which indicates number, size, media, title and year of completion).
- Submission & support material must be clearly marked with your name & contact info.
- Include with your submission – A $25.00 ( non-refundable ) jurying fee, a one page resume outlining your art related experience/education as well as any statement you wish to make about your artistic direction or motivation. If you wish for your submission material to be returned to you via mail, then please include a self-addressed, stamped return envelope.
- Submit four (4) original works, that are framed & ready to hang. Please note that how your artwork is framed is also evaluated in the jurying process. All efforts will be made to insure the safety of the work submitted.
- Deliver artworks to the Kanata Civic Art Gallery, on Friday, Jan. 6th by 8pm.
- Pick up artworks from the Kanata Civic Art Gallery on Sat. Jan 7th, between 1:30pm and 5pm. If you cannot pick up the work yourself, please make arrangements to have someone come in your place to collect the artwork.
- Applicants will be notified of the jury results by email. Be sure to include your email address in your application form.
The Gallery operates as a co-operative and the hours of operation are staffed on a voluntary basis by its artist members. Members are responsible for staffing the Gallery a minimum of 10 shifts per year (approx. 3.5 hrs. per month) as well as actively participating in the day to day running of the Gallery.
Each Gallery member must maintain a regular production of original artwork for exhibition. Approximately nine new exhibitions are presented each year. All work shown in the Gallery must be for sale. Artists will be paid within 30 days of a sale with a 15% commission retained by the Gallery. The success of the Gallery depends on the commitment of its members to present high quality & creative artworks for exhibition to the public.
The annual fee for membership is $120.00.
Please submit an online application form to be juried if you have a body of work & are willing & able to fulfill the volunteer Gallery requirements. For those wishing to manually fill in an application and deliver by hand, please download this printable version.